Here are their 15 tips for getting into a competitive university and for getting the most out of such an opportunity.
To get in:
1. Familiarize yourself with the school to which you want to apply.Be specific about your reasons for wanting to attend your school of choice.
2. Choose a challenging but reasonable academic course load.
3. Demonstrate your diverse abilities at every opportunity.
4. Cultivate good relationships with your teachers and guidance counsellors.
5. Use a professional e-mail address as your contact e-mail.
6. Plan your personal statement carefully.
7. Consider applying early.
8. Make sure everything you submit is carefully proofread.
9. Get all the basic requirements of the application 100% right.
10. Get involved! Good grades alone won't get you in.
Once you get in:
1. Speak up – if there is a course you want to take that isn't offered, ask for it.
2. Stay involved! Explore the huge range of activities available.
3. Expect to be busy: class work is demanding, as is extra-curricular involvement.
4. Expect to be intimidated: you didn't get into your top school without good reason, but neither did your peers!
Photo and Movies